Agape forum member Rick Lorenz (Spruemeister) posted this great looking Airfix Tomahawk. Despite some challenges along the way, Rick ended up with a great looking model. Thanks for posting this Rick!
I can’t seem to make my good Nikon take good close ups, so its the iphone stepping in as backup this time. Actually, this whole project has been about Plan B. This is the Airfix 1/72 Hawk 81-A-2 kit that I nearly flambeauxed after encasing it in crinkled, cloudy, new formula Pollyscale Acrylic Flat. After the appropriate healing time had passed, I decided to strip it and try again. I used ScaleCoat II Wash Away and I love this stuff. If I EVER have to strip another model it will be with this stuff.
Repainted with the same Tamiya OD and Pollyscale NG, but this time good old Dullcote for a final finish. Xtradecals sheet used instead of kit markings.