Forum member Aaron (RonnieRex) posted these photos of his excellent Tamiya P-47D- great work!
Here is what I’ve been working on the last two months! I’m happy that I’m finished. This is the first model that I’ve really jumped out of my comfort zone to try a whole bunch of new things. I’m happy with the end result, and I know that the next time I try these tricks, I’ll be much better prepared.
Things I’ve learned:
1. How to dip canopies in future… makes for nice glass-like canopy
2. Artist oil paint panel wash…tricky, but I really really like how it highlights!
3. Tenex7r cement… wonderful
4. Future as a clearcoat… easy and painless
5. Future and Tamiya flat base mix for a flat finish… went overboard a little with this one, made it look powdered. But some buffing and a very light coat of just future fixed it ok.
Also, first time I’ve used my airbrush. Future makes a good practice medium I guess. Yet, I got the airbrush after I had painted the whole thing with brushes. Thank goodness the camera doesn’t show the brush strokes.